RE: SCHOOL CLOSING DUE TO COVID-19
As you are aware, the spread of the COVID-19 (Corona Virus) and the cases of its infection has been increasing in the US lately. In light of this development, MedNoc Training College is making every effort to provide a campus environment that is healthy and safe during the pandemic outbreak of COVID-19.
Therefore, MedNoc Training College has consulted with the Oklahoma Board of Private Vocational Schools (OBPVS), the Oklahoma State Department of Health- Nurse Aid Registry (OSDH-NAR), and the Oklahoma State Department of Human Services- Developmental Disabilities Services (OKDHS-DDS) regarding the closing of our school.
The school has taken the following measures to ensure the health and the safety of our students, instructors, and staff:
- MedNoc Training College will suspend all classes and other related activities as of 5:00 pm on Tuesday, March 17, 2020, until Monday, April 06, 2020, at 8:00 am.
- Students who are currently enrolled shall only resume their respective classes when the date the school reopens.
- Students are encouraged to contact the school by email at email@example.com or call 405-225-7876 for any questions.
- Students are encouraged to visit the school Website, Facebook Page, and Twitter for any updates regarding this notice.
- All state and national certification exams have been canceled and shall be rescheduled a later date following the complete reopening of the school.
- The Administration office shall remain open only to serve the major functions of the school.
- Enrollment of new students will only be handled through after scheduling an appointment with the admissions.
I will continue to monitor the situation as it continues to unfold and update you with any new development. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me. Thanks.
Paul Mungiria, RN, BSN, CCRN.
RE: COVID-19 (CORONA VIRUS)
As you are aware, the cases of the spread of the Corona Virus and infection has been increasing in the US lately. As a school, we are making every effort to provide a campus environment that is healthy and safe during the pandemic outbreak of COVID-19.
Therefore, due to the spread of COVID-19 (Corona Virus), MedNoc Training College has taken the following measures to ensure both the health and the safety of our students and our staff:
1. Effective 03/13/2020, the student clinical rotations are hereby suspended until further notice. No NEW CLINICAL SCHEDULING TO THE FACILITY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. The suspension of clinical rotation is meant to minimize the chances of spreading COVID-19. However, the school shall provide an alternative clinical training in the school’s skills laboratory for the amount of actual clinical hours assigned to the program.
2. Instructors are required to follow the schedule on the course syllabus and provide clinical training in the skills lab during the times the students are scheduled to be at the clinical site. For students who are not wanting to complete their clinical time in the skills but want to attend their clinical rotation at a facility shall wait until the school resumes external clinical rotations to the facilities.
3. Students who are currently enrolled in any of our programs and are actively engaged in clinical rotations at this time may continue to attend clinical and log clinical hours. However, the student should not participate in the care of any patients who are deemed high risk for COVID-19 or are in isolation.
4. A student who is currently attending clinical rotation, and he/she is concerned about the potential risk of exposure to COVID-19 should inform their instructor so that the clinical rotation can be canceled. The school will be flexible in rescheduling the student’s clinical rotation to a later date, or the student will be allowed to complete the clinical hours in the skills lab.
5. Students must maintain ethical standards by reporting travel and other potential exposures to the Corona Virus.
6. Due to the Corona Virus, MedNoc Training College has canceled graduation ceremony, scheduled on 03/28/2020. Students who were scheduled to attend their graduation on 03/28/2020 may attend the next graduation scheduled on June 27, 2020.
Meanwhile the school will continue to monitor the situation very closely and will update the students of any substantial changes.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call me at 405-225-7876.
Paul Mungiria, RN, BSN, CCRN.
Due to the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus), MedNoc Training College has canceled the graduation ceremony, scheduled on 03/28/2020. Students who were scheduled to attend the graduation on 03/28/2020 may attend the next Graduation Ceremony scheduled on June 27, 2020. However, the school remains open and all other activities will continue as scheduled. For any questions, please call 405-225-7876 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
CNA Promotional Offer!
CNA class for just $450.00 plus free HHA. Regular price is $500.00. HHA is usually $100.00. To qualify you must be paying for yourself or your family is paying for you. Students from organizations and companies do not qualify for this offer. You must enroll and complete your classes between 02/01/19 and 02/28/2019.This promotional offer is effective 02/01/2019. All students who are already enrolled do not qualify.
CMA Promotional Offer!
CMA class for just $400.00. Regular price is $450.00. To qualify you must be paying for yourself or your family is paying for you. Students from organizations and companies do not qualify for this offer. You must enroll and complete your classes between 01/02/2019 and 02/28/2019. This promotional offer is effective 02/01/2019. All students who are already enrolled do not qualify.
MTC Winter Closing.
Due to the increase of worsening weather conditions, MTC has cancelled the weekday CNA/CHHA, Phlebotomy Technician, and Clinical Medical Assistant classes for Friday, January 4, 2019! Please remain posted for additional scheduling changes that may effect any evening courses for this date as well. The safety and well being of our students and faculty are first! The office shall open at 09:00AM In case of any questions please call 405-225-7876 Thank you!
In observance of Thanksgiving Holiday, MedNoc Training College will be closed on November 22, 2018. There will be no classes, or clinicals. Class and clinical hours will be made up before the end of program. If you are interested in enrolling, please call 405-225-7876. All activities shall resume on Friday November 23rd, 2018 at 08:00am.
Thanksgiving Promotional Offers at MedNoc Training College
CNA class for just $450.00 plus free HHA. To qualify you must be paying for yourself or your family is paying for you. Students from organizations and companies do not qualify for this offer. You must enroll and complete your classes between 10/31/18 and 12/31/2018.This promotional offer is effective 10/31/2018. All students who are already enrolled do not qualify.
CMA class for just 400. To qualify you must be paying for yourself or your family is paying for you. Students from organizations and companies do not qualify for this offer. You must enroll and complete your classes between 10/31/18 and 12/31/2018.This promotional offer is effective 10/31/2018. All students who are already enrolled do not qualify.
MedNoc Training College is offering free HHA training to any students that shall enroll for CNA or CMA program at MTC. The offer runs from 07/26/2018 to 08/31/2018. Any student who enrolls during this period shall receive free Home Health Aide Training (HHA) regardless of whether the class you enrolled starts within the promotion period or not. However, the class must be completed by 12/31/2018. To qualify for this offer, the student must, enroll in our Certified Nurse Aide or Certified Medication Aide. This offer is only applicable to individual students. This offer is not applicable to any student sponsored by organizations, companies, or facilities. For more questions regarding this offer, please call us at 405-225-7876 or visit our website at www.mednoc.com and under News Tab.
Basic Life Support (BLS) Requirement
Effective September 1st, 2018 BLS for Healthcare provide will be required for all programs. Students must have BLS card before they can be allowed to go to clinical. Therefore, students will be needed to schedule for BLS before their clinical date. This requirement is meant to strengthen our programs and offer quality training.
Due to the continuing inclement weather for many students and exam candidates, classes and exams
have been cancelled. All MedNoc students, please contact your
instructors with any questions or concerns that you may have. Thank you so much!
Due to inclement weather, our offices are closing early today! If you are scheduled for the state exams this week, please check your emails, texts, and call history in regards to cancellations! Your safety is most important to us! Have a great day, be safe, and stay warm!! Thank you so much for your patience and understanding!
When you enroll in a CNA and CHHA course at the same time, we are giving you a discount on the state exam in the amount of $130.00!!
From the President’ desk:
Phlebotomy Technician Program
On behalf of my team, I feel honored to introduce to you, our new Phlebotomy Technician Training Program. I am very excited today to announce that we have officially launched our Phlebotomy Technician Program, and we are now taking applications for February classes and subsequent classes. We have been working on developing this course for the last one and a half years. We have done a lot of research to come to this far.
As a MedNoc team, we have kept our commitment to academic excellence and acquisition of skills by developing a stable and great program. We are very happy that we have finally accomplished our goal. You are now invited to enroll in this program! For more course details, please navigate our website to programs on the homepage. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Finally I want to thank our devoted and loyal students who kept pushing us to develop this program. We appreciate so much, your input and we are glad that you are part of this success.~~~~~~~~~~~~Paul Mungiria, RN, BSN, CCRN.
MedNoc Fees Payment Policy:
- Student/Trainee has the right to withdraw from this program at any time but fees must be paid in full.
- If the Student/Trainee withdraws from this class during the first day of class, the student will be charged $50.00 for the processing of the application and other materials provided to the student/trainee. The rest of the money/fees paid by the student to MedNoc Health Training, shall be refunded in full to the student by check within 7 business days.
- If a student drops after the second day of school, he/she must pay the full tuition for training, books must be returned, and any other materials issued to the student. Failure to return books, the student will be charged $50.00 in addition to tuition and other fees. Fees that are not paid after one month will incur a 5% monthly increase, plus the collection or legal fees incurred by the training school.
- The Student/Trainee shall be required to pay all of the fee balance in its entirety before the scheduled completion of the course, which the student/trainee was enrolled. Failure to pay the remaining balance shall be forwarded to the collection agency of our choice and legal action will be taken for garnishment.
CHANGE IN AGENCY PRACTICE REGARDING DISTRIBUTION OF NURSE AIDE CERTIFICATION RENEWAL CARDS.
The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH), Nurse Aide Registry (NAR), will no longer print and mail certification cards for the renewal of nurse aide certification(s) in Long Term Care (LTC), Home Health Aide (HHA), Developmentally Disabled Direct Care Aide (DDCA), Residential Care Aide (RCA), Adult Day Care Aide (ADCA), and Certified Medication Aide (CMA) (including advanced CMA classifications).
Certified nurse aides will receive a certification card with their initial placement on the Nurse Aide Registry. This is the only certification card which will be mailed to the nurse aide. The card will give the date the aide was first certified and placed on the Nurse Aide Registry, but without an expiration date. It will state on the card, “Verify the status of certification at: http://nar.health.ok.gov “
Certified Nurse Aides can click on “Verify a Nurse Aide is on the Registry” to verify and print certification status. Employers are required to verify certified nurse aides status through the National Background Check Program and can also use “Verify a Nurse Aide is on the Registry” for their records.
You can obtain another initial certification card if needed by submitting the Duplicate or Amended Nurse Aide Card Application, ODH Form 738, found on the Nurse Aide Registry website at: http://nar.health.ok.gov There is a $10.00 fee to re-issue the initial certification card for all certifications except Long Term Care, which is free.
Please contact our office at (405) 271-4085 if you are unable to verify a nurse aide certification or if you have questions about this practice.
For more information regarding, please visit the Oklahoma Nurse Aide registry website at: