The CMA-Update course provides a Certified Medication Aide (CMA) or Advanced Certified Medication (ACMA) in Oklahoma with the 8 hours of required continuing education unit (CEU). This CMA- Update course is structured and led by a licensed nurse who is the instructor. The Oklahoma State Department requires the annual CMA Update of Health-Nurse Aide Registry to enable the CMA or ACMA certification holder to renew the CMA or ACMA certification. Upon successful completion of this Course, the student will be awarded a Certificate of Completion and a Training Verification Form. The Student will submit proof of the Certificate of Completion to the Oklahoma Nurse Aide Registry for certification renewal.
- A Current CNA certification with no abuse notations.
- CMA Certification.
- Two Forms of identification. (One must be a Social Security Card, and the other must be a photo ID, such as a current State Identification card or Driver’s License.)
Course Objectives: Medication Safety and Effective Care Environment:
- Demonstrate and discuss drug classifications
- Demonstrate and discuss safety precautions when preparing to administer medications.
- Infection Control.
- Medications Rights.
- Discuss routes of medications administration
- Discuss and demonstrate vital sign measurements in relation to medications.
Mode of Teaching:
The CMA-Update is led by an instructor who is a licensed nurse. The Student is expected to take personal responsibility to enhance their learning. The Student must attend and actively participate in the class lectures, skills lab, and activities planned for the course. The Student cannot miss more than 5 minutes of this class. If a student misses more than 5 minutes of this class, they must reschedule. No refund shall be issued.
CMA UPDATE TUITION AND FEES