The Medical Billing and Coding program is a 195-Clock hour course which offers the skills needed to solve insurance billing problems, manually and electronically file claims, complete common insurance forms, trace delinquent claims, appeal denied claims, and use generic forms to streamline billing procedures. The course provides instruction in the following areas: Current Procedural Terminology (CPT); Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS); specialty fields such as surgery, radiology and laboratory; International Classification of Diseases (ICD); and basic claims processes for medical insurance and third-party reimbursements. The course is structured and is led by certified instructor.
Total Training hours for this program = 195 hour
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED or higher
- Background check
- BLS current certification needed before attending clinicals.
- TB Skin Screening Test
- Mentally and physically able to complete and pass this course
- MTC Application.
- Two Forms of Government issued Identification. (One must be a Photo ID and the other SSN).
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED or higher.
- Background check. ($25.00 if done at MTC).
- TB Skin Screening Test. ($20.00 if done at MTC).
- Drug Test.
- Current BLS certification needed before clinicals. ($60.00 if done at MTC).
- Signed Affidavit of Legal Presence
- Mentally and physically able to complete and pass this course.
|MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING COURSE SCHEDULE|
|Weekday||6 Weeks||8:00am- 3:00pm|
|Evening||6 Weeks||3:00pm- 10:00pm|
|Weekend||12 Weekends||8:00am- 5:15pm|
- Learn how to find the service and codes using manuals (CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS manuals).
- Identify and select the right diagnostic and procedural code for third party insurance reimbursement.
- Be able to complete common insurance forms, trace delinquent claims, appeal denied claims and use generic forms to streamline billing procedures.
- Understand HIPAA and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
- Be able to trace delinquent and denied claims, and utilize insurance problem solving
Class Examinations/Clinical Skill Examinations:
- Students are required to take (6) written exams and make an average score of 80%, before being allowed to take state certification exam. In addition, students must pass all clinical skills, clinical paper and skills checkoffs with a score of 100%.
- Score a minimum 90% on each chapter test. The student must complete all chapter exams.
- Homework, tests, and popup quizzes will be given. Therefore, completion of all readings assigned daily will be of paramount importance. This means that the student must be prepared at all time.
- If a student is unable to pass state certification challenge exam both written and clinical skills, he/she will be required to remediate until such a passing score is attained before he/she can test for the state certification test.
National Certification Examination:
After successfully completing Medical Billing and Coding Specialist training program at MedNoc Training College, you will be required to take the CBCS which is a National Certification Exam offered by National Healthcareer Association (NHA). The exam will be offered at MTC.
Medical Billing and Coding National Certification Exam Details:
- 100 questions, 20 pretest questions
- Exam time: 2 hours
- Pass: 390 out of 500 is a passing score in scaled scoring system
|MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING TUITION AND FEES||Books, binders and study guides are on rent. If the student fails to return undamaged Medical Billing and Coding Textbooks, he/she shall be charged $100.00-$500.00 and the NHA study guide is $80.00. The student shall be charged $50.00. If you do have a current background check, TB Test and BLS certification, the fees charged for those items will be deducted. We do require you to have solid black scrubs. This is an expense that is not included in our tuition fees and is the sole responsibility of the student to attain.|
|1||Tuition, and Name Badge||$ 2,960.00|
|2||Laboratory fees||$ 150.00|
|3||National Certification Exam||$ 200.00|
|4||TB Skin Screen Test||$ 20.00|
|6||Drug Test||$ 50.00|
|7||BLS Certification||$ 60.00|
|Total Cost||$ 3,465.00|