Our Medical Billing and coding course is a combined 200-clock hour class. The Medical billing and coding program offers the knowledge and skills needed to solve insurance billing problems, manually and electronically file claims, complete common insurance forms, trace delinquent claims, appeal denied claims, and use generic forms to streamline billing procedures. The course provides instruction in the following areas: Current Procedural Terminology (CPT); Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS); specialty fields such as surgery, radiology and laboratory; International Classification of Diseases (ICD); and basic claims processes for medical insurance and third-party reimbursements.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Learn how to find the service and codes using manuals (CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS manuals).
- Identify and select the right diagnostic and procedural code for third party insurance reimbursement.
- Be able to complete common insurance forms, trace delinquent claims, appeal denied claims and use generic forms to streamline billing procedures.
- Understand HIPAA and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI).
- Be able to trace delinquent and denied claims, and utilize insurance problem solving
Total Training hours for this program = 200 hours
Lectures and Skills Lab = 104 hours
Clinical =96 hours
Skills check offs = 8 hours
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED or higher
- Background check
- TB Skin Screening Test
- Mentally and physically able to complete and pass this course
After graduation from our Medical Billing and Coding program, the student will take the Medical billing and coding national Certification Exam. After passing the test, the student will be nationally certified as Medical Billing and Coding specialist and can work for hospitals, doctors office, dentist office, insurance companies and so many other places. You can even work from the comfort of your own home as a medical biller!
Tuition and Fees:
|Tuition, useable materials Books, Study materials, Folders and files, Name Badge||
|National Medical and Billing Certification Exam, and Clinical Skills||
|3||Laboratory fees||$ 50.00|
|4||OSBI Background check||$ 20.00|
|5||TB Skin Screen Test||$ 20.00|
|6||Total Cost||$ 3,100.00|