Course Description Respiratory & Nasogastric/Gastrostomy
The Advanced Certified Medication Aide (ACMA) in Respiratory & Nasogastric/Gastrostomy focuses on training students to administer medications and feedings through NG-tubes and administer Respiratory medications via inhaler and nebulizer safely under the supervision of a licensed nurse. The ACMA-Nasogastric/Gastrostomy/Respiratory program is a 16-clock hour course. The Course must be completed in 2 consecutive days.
Upon successful completion and graduation from this Program, the graduate will be awarded a Certificate of Completion and a Training Verification Form. The student shall be certified by the State of Oklahoma as an Advanced Certified Medication Aide (ACMA)- Respiratory & Nasogastric/Gastrostomy after submitting the Certificate of Completion with Training Verification to the Oklahoma Nurse Aide Registry.
Total Training hours for this program = 16 hours.
Class = 10
Skills lab and Skills check offs = 6 hours.
- Gastrointestinal system.
- Respiratory system.
- Alternative methods for providing nourishment and medications.
- G-tube equipment and supplies.
- Insertion of G-tubes by a licensed nurse and assessment of placement.
- Procedures and techniques for checking stomach contents prior to the use of the G-tube.
- Identification of and responses to potential problems associated with the administration of medications and nutrition via G-tubes.
- Methods for delivery of medications via respiratory System.
- Equipment and supplies for medication via MDI (metered dose inhalers) and nebulizers.
- Methods and techniques for administering medications via MDI and nebulizers.
- Identification of and responses to potential problems associated with the administration of medications via MDI and nebulizers.
- Return demonstrations of skills.
- Minimum Age: 18 Years.
- CNA Certification: Must be current with no abuse notations.
- Six (6) minimum months of working experience as a CNA.
- CMA Certification in Oklahoma.
- High School Diploma, GED, or another Equivalency, or higher.
- Application form.
- Two Forms of identification. (One must be a Social Security Card, and the other must be a photo ID, such as a current State Identification card or Driver’s License.)
- Affidavit of Legal presence status documentation.
- Payment of the Cost of this Training and State Certification Testing fees.
- Physical and mental capability to safely perform duties.
The Student must complete 16 clock hours of training and score 100% on skills check-offs and 90% or higher on two classroom exams before being issued with a completion form (Verification Form) to enable the student to register for the ACMA GI/RESP State Exam. After successfully completing the ACMA GI/RESP course, the student/trainee will be issued with a verification form signed and dated.
State Exam and Certification:
There is no state exam for ACMA- GI/Resp in Oklahoma. After successfully completing the program, the Student shall complete the Application for Advanced Training Certificate CMA-Naso-Gastro-ODH-Form-506 issued by the School. MedNoc Training College shall mail this form to Oklahoma Nurse Aide Registry within seven business days. After the OSDH-NAR receives the form, the Student will be added as a CMA with Advanced standing.
ACMA: Resp, Naso, & Gastro Certification:
The Student is responsible for submitting the end-of-course paperwork required by the Oklahoma Nurse Aide Registry with a $10.00 fee to the Nurse Aide Registry to be added as ACMA with Resp & Gastro. The $ 10.00 associated with the end-of-course paperwork is payable to OSDH-NAR, not MedNoc Training College.
|ACMA NASOGASTRIC/GASTROSTOMY/RESPIRATORY TUITION AND FEES|
|Total Cost||$ 190.00|
Note: A payment plan can be made with the Director of Admissions. However, the whole balance must be cleared and paid in full before the student can take State Certification Examination. No records will be issued to the student if he/she has a hold on fees.